1“Just do it.”
Reading those words instantly brought to mind a popular brand of sneakers and their swoosh logo. But marketing goes beyond just a catchphrase. It’s about the content in the commercials that really draws your attention, whether it’s heartwarming or controversial.
Unfortunately, in the eyes of the general public, advertisers are one step above telemarketers. The tide is slowly turning, as marketers are becoming more respected and celebrated for their work. However, a confidence boost through someone else’s words can help jumpstart a sluggish performance and motivate the most cynical among us.
Why You Should Use Marketing Quotes
Many people find it inspirational to read or hear quotes from successful people whom they admire. For example, when it comes to taking risks, one might quote the poem about taking the road less traveled, yet many people may not be able to name who wrote it.
(The poem is “The Road Less Traveled” by Robert Frost and it’s often misconstrued to fit that person’s narrative.)
Marketing quotes should be broad enough to fit each individual’s narrative while also being catchy enough to be remembered. For online marketing, it can be even more difficult to motivate consumers because content has to be coherent but contain SEO keywords.
That’s where seo content writing services come in to make your life easier. Experts create content that will fulfill both the needs of the companies while grabbing the attention of the consumers. Marketing quotes can help motivate team members into creating the perfect storm of content.
Types of Marketing Quotes
It may seem like a quote about marketing fits all different types of marketing. There are generic marketing quotes, such as, “Give them quality. That is the best kind of advertising” by Milton Hershey, entrepreneur and chocolatier.
However, there are more specific marketing quotes for different purposes. Categories of marketing quotes include:
Social Media Marketing Quotes
Example: “Content doesn’t Win. Optimized Content Wins.” – Quote by Liana Evans, Online Marketing Professional and Author.
Digital Marketing Quotes
Example: “The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.” – Quote by David Ogilvy, Founder of Ogilvy & Mather, referred to as “the father of advertising.”
Inspirational Marketing Quotes
Example: “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Quote by Albert Einstein, renowned physicist.
Storytelling Marketing Quotes
Example: “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” – Quote by Beth Comstock, Former Vice Chair of GE.
Content Marketing Quotes
Example: “Content is king.” – Quote by Bill Gates, Co-Founder of Microsoft.
Brand Marketing Quotes
Example: “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” – Quote by Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.
Here is a list of 15 more motivational marketing quotes:
15 Famous Marketing Quotes to Motivate
1. “Ignoring online marketing is like opening a business but not telling anyone.” – Quote by KB Marketing Agency
2. “Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like.” – Quote by Brian Chesky, Co-Founder of Airbnb
3. “Master the topic, the message, and the delivery.” – Quote by Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple
4. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” – Quote by Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States of America
5. “It’s important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.” – Quote by Douglas Warner III, Former CEO of J.P. Morgan
6. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Quote by Walt Disney, Co-Founder of The Walt Disney Company
7. “Social media creates communities, not markets.” – Quote by Don Schultz, Former Marketing Studies Chair, Northwestern University
8. “Social media is a contact sport.” – Quote by Margaret Molloy, CMO of SiegelGale
9. “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time.” – Quote by Elon Musk, Co-Founder of SpaceX
10. “Business has only two functions — marketing and innovation.” – Quote by Milan Kundera, Author
11. “Content is fire, social media is gasoline.” – Quote by Jay Baer, Marketing Strategist and Author
12. “Content is King but engagement is Queen, and the lady rules the house!” – Quote by Mari Smith, Facebook Marketing Expert
13. “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” – Quote by Lee Odden, Co-Founder of TopRank Marketing
14. “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Quote by Tom Fishburne, Founder of Marketoonist
15. “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology” – Quote by Brian Solis, Digital Analyst and Author.
Regardless of whether you are a global marketing agency or a group of professional content writers, marketing quotes can be used as motivation for yourself and your business. The quotes can serve as a reminder for why you do what you do and how you’re inspired by a long line of successful marketers who paved the way.
Leave a Reply